PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - power on stalls - some help would be lovely!
Old 28th Feb 2014, 01:16
Andy_P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glendalegoon
andy p

you seem like a nice guy and interested in flying.

but you spend a great amount of time on pprune.

you might benefit by the following, free ways to improve your own flying:

1. read many books on flying, all aspects.

2. go out to the ''instructor's bench" (that's what we call it in the USA) and sit and watch takeoffs and landings. Now that videocams are so cheap, video them and study them. especially from 200' down and climbout to 2oo' too.
If there is no instructor's bench, just get as close to the runway as THEY will let you. maybe near the windsock

3. buy a cheap VHF receiver (like from radio shack company) and listen to the radio work while watching the landings and takeoffs.
1. Do that. I may not be the oldest here, but pushing 40 I have quite an extensive library, that has plenty of aviation books!

2. Do that also. Quite often I go out sit just at the bounds of the aerodrome and watch the aircraft land and observe the technique.

I also try and participate in as much of the social stuff that the club does, including the club flyaway's.

3. I have a scanner. At home, I don't receive much. At the club, well its CTAF so not much radio work that I don't already know and do.

As for being on pprune, well I am at work now . But I do other things here, like this: https://www.edx.org/course/delftx/de...onautical-1201 I cant help it, I am an engineer! Sorry, work is quiet at the moment. I also have a little hideyhole here that I sneak off in to do some of my PPL study. I normally spend an hour or two doing that whilst things are quiet. Sometimes being the owner of the business is tough!