PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Jetstar Pilot Cadet Program
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2014, 00:44
mcgrath50

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I wonder if peterc005 has a financial interest in this cadetship because there is a lecturer at Swineburne University in the aviation area with the name Peter...
I highly doubt it, the Swinburne Peter has a lot more class.

For a young guy coming thru the ranks working as a Jetstar JFO is still going to be a much better paid gig than doing small charter or instructing work.
Agreed but when you are in your early 20s pay isn't everything. I catch up regularly with a Jetstar cadet friend. I'm jealous of his overseas holidays, his days off, his relative financial security, he's jealous of the flying and experience I'm getting in GA, including the PIC time which will make it easier for me to get a captain seat if/when I join an airline. The grass is always greener.

I have had this debate with Peter before. The Jetstar cadetship is a way to become an airline pilot. For SOME people it will be the best. It definitely will not be for all. If I was at the start of the journey I would still seriously consider all the other pathways available to see what suits me.