PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2014, 20:09
Lodown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your first paragraph summed it up Sunfish. AJ's strategy for going forward is a concerted effort to go harder at the strategy that got Qantas to this point in the first place: cut costs, cut costs, cut costs. It's the only strategy and rhetoric that AJ has had since day one. Now airsupport gets a note about Qantas Points. Makes you wonder what is important to Qantas: Qantas flight ops, Jetstar flight ops, banking services, reward services? I wonder if the various groups in Qantas know what the business model revolves around, because it seems like there is a constant war waging between the various departments, management and flight ops, engineering and airport staff as to the area of core competency. Seems to me that Qantas International is seen as the red-headed step child with Qantas Domestic not far behind. Jetstar Asia is AJ's darling and he can't separate himself from it. The area handling frequent flyer points is off doing its own thing.
Point 4: Maintenance standards; so what else is new? Was a passenger on QF 14 years ago and the inflight entertainment system didn't work for a flight across the Pacific. If I were still a customer of Qantas', I suppose I could look forward to more of the same.

Last edited by Lodown; 27th Feb 2014 at 20:28.