PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2014, 18:34
airsupport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems some at Qantas are quite happy, received this email last night, well my other half did..............

Dear Mrs ******,

Today Qantas announced a range of measures to take $2 billion in costs out of the business over three years, including through deferring and selling aircraft, and significant job reductions.

I have received many questions both directly and through social media and wanted to reach out to you personally as a valued member.

These are tough but necessary measures to ensure a strong future for Qantas and our nearly 10 million Qantas Frequent Flyer members.

Let me assure you, however, that these measures will not impact your Qantas Points balance or cause your Qantas Points to expire.

This year, Qantas has many plans to keep on rewarding Qantas Frequent Flyer members. Here are just a few I wanted to share with you:
• We will continue to introduce more everyday ways to earn and redeem Qantas Points.
• On 31 March 2014, we will launch our new business loyalty program, Aquire. Australian-based small and medium businesses could earn Aquire Points through their everyday transactions, including travel, and convert them into Qantas Points in the name of an individual Qantas Frequent Flyer member.
• We will continue to introduce new features and benefits to Qantas Cash, with more than 200,000 members using the prepaid facility already.
• We are opening new stylish Lounges. The Qantas Hong Kong Lounge will open in March 2014. The new Los Angeles Business Lounge will open in April 2014, with a new world class Qantas First Lounge to open in Los Angeles in the second half of 2014.
• The upgrade of our Airbus A330 fleet is progressing well, with the aircraft featuring new Business fully flat beds and the latest Panasonic entertainment system to feature on our domestic and international network from late 2014.
• We will be introducing new member communities, in addition to our food and wine community Qantas epiQure, which will provide opportunities for members to be engaged with the things we know you are passionate about.

Qantas is changing, but what will never change is our commitment to rewarding you for your loyalty, whether on the ground, or in the air.
Yours sincerely,

Lesley Grant

Lesley Grant
CEO Qantas Loyalty