PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EE Canberra book contributor request
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2014, 16:47
nazca_steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all,

This is an appeal to the collective resources of the forum again. I'm approaching the final stages of the book which has gone very well. There are a couple of weak areas however, one being RNZAF usage of the Canberra. If anyone here has contacts within veterans groups for 14 and 75 Sqns (RNZAF) I would be very grateful if you could connect me. I had some marginal success with 14 Sqn a couple of years ago, but would very much like to flesh out this part of the book, as I feel the New Zealand experience is significant. In particular, I would love to talk to anyone that either flew or maintained RNZAF Canberras during the Malayan Emergency.

The other request is a rather specific one, but if you don't ask you never know. I'm looking for anyone that might have contact details for a Sqn Ldr David E. Dowling, or his family members. I'm not sure if he is alive, but Sqn Ldr Dowling was involved (as a then Flt Lt) in training Peruvian pilots to fly their newly acquired B(I).8s in 1956. Later he went on to fly Lockheed U-2s on covert ops for the CIA via Mi6 but that is another story. If anyone could help with information on him or his family, I would very much like to get in touch.

Thanks all for your time.

Kind regards,

Steve