PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Young Instructor ordered to milk you"
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2014, 08:10
Skydiveandy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dubbleyew eight

Obviously you didnt quite read the tongue in cheek,

I certainly dont beleive you, I or anyone is a Skygod, I was saying you may have believed you were above the normal level pilot

Just for your information, I didnt get paid per hour for doing BFR's, I was paid a salary. It meant nothing to me from an income perspective if you took 1 hour or 3 and I can assure you the last thing i needed was flight hours.

I will tell you though I have seen schools doing the wrong thing, miking every penny they can from their students and it continues today.

I dont and will never believe the BFR is a waste of money or time. It is absolutely necessary and should follow the CAAP.

Like Scroogee my average BFR's took around 1.5 block time with some requiring a little over 2

I would estimate that most instructors income was derived from flying rectangles, at least to start with.

Most of the instructors that I know and worked with would have only equated less than 5% of their flying for the year to BFR's and thats the busy ones, the rest would be less than 1%

The likes of Sunfish are the pilots I love to fly with, the guys that are looking forward to learning something new or at least improving their skills,

dubbleyew eight - If your really keen, I am more than happy for you to come here and come for a fly with us, no cost for the flight. May give you an interesting perspective. Send me a PM.

stay safe

Andy