PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Habsheim
Thread: Habsheim
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2014, 17:15
roulishollandais

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cow Boys Airshows in France

It is clear that that flight would not have been scheduled. Many people had to refuse it. But we had already seen such crazy flight in La Ferté Allais, over the Park of Vincennes, aso.
Belonging to a parachutists union, they sent me regularly SINCE YEARS before Habsheim to watch airshows around Paris to verify if parachutists jumping during the airshow had the legal license which was only the Professional parachutist license depending from DGAC, or a military order. Infractions (missing license is not nothing !) were the rule. They only sent me when we had the Notam who showed who was jumping the next morning.The Union President wrote a great number of letters to complain, to DGAC, to GTA, to PAF, to Préfets, to organisers of airshows too, etc. Everybody from these people signed clearance and NOTAM they knew illegal. DURING YEARS !
The evening of Habsheim crash I thought to all that work we had done for nothing. The Prefet in Colmar had allowed that flight, DGAC, AF, aso.
But it was the last time. After Habsheim the rules for airshows have been radicaly modified and verified, included the Paris Le Bourget Airshow.
and finaly our Union won at the Cassation Court (the highest level in France)

Last edited by Jetdriver; 26th Feb 2014 at 18:19.