PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Middle East or stay at home ?
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2014, 16:16
Alconguin Crusader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are from a good airline in a decent country stay where you are. I know "good" and "decent" are all relative but having left a top tier airline it was a very big mistake.
Like my friend who is leaving Emirates said "they (EK) can double my salary and I am still leaving, it is the treatment." That is very true. The Ryanair pilots probably don't notice much of a change in management styles but anyone who came from a legacy airline or wide body job will notice a huge drop off when joining Emirates.
Plus it is just so damn expensive in Dubai. The earlier poster listed all the things he can do here. What he fails to mention is that all those activities would be half price back home even if you couldn't do some of them in the winter. Plus we would all be working way less if we were flying long haul so we would have more time to enjoy the activities.
I do believe things will get better. I know I probably in the minority with that view point but with so many pilots leaving and not enough coming management has to change its tune. The seniority list is 150 numbers less than it was 10 months ago. Is management going to continue to let good pilots leave with so many airplanes coming?