PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quote button, smiley & icon failure
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2014, 13:39
Democritus

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ExSp33db1rd
Someone noted this a couple of days ago, but because it didn't affect me - then - I failed to take note.

Since day 1 on PPRuNe I've contributed to earlier posts by occasionally copying previous comments into my answer, then used the "Wrap (QUOTE) tags around selected text" button, i.e the one to the left of the # mark, 3 in from the right, that puts the text in a blue box - as everyone else does.

As of two days ago this has stopped happening, the QUOTE button is dead.

WTF ??
The above done by clicking on "Reply" in the post you want to quote (in this case your post). Then in the address bar that appears on the "Reply To Thread" page - http://www.pprune.org/newreply.php?d...9945&noquote=1 - delete the number 1 at the end of the address and then click return. The quote will appear in its entirety already formatted. You can then delete any part of the quote that you don't want to appear. When your post and quote appear on the thread page the name of the person quoted appears automatically together with a after the name. Clicking this takes you to the quoted post in the thread.

Last edited by Democritus; 26th Feb 2014 at 13:52.