PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2014, 20:29
Ngineer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Just saw our aviation expert GT on the morning show blaming previous management and unions for this mess. Also mentioned outdated work practices from the 60's for the cause of this mess. When quizzed upon the work practices/union side of things the best he could come up with was pilots requiring 3 vegetables with their meals. Pity they couldn't press him harder on this issue, I had to laugh.

The 5000 figure is nothing new. I heard managers talking about this months ago. To me it seems a slow bake by the company. True you have to stay focussed on the job, management often regurgitate the rheotoric of 'staying focussed' and the job. We try our best to maintain that. But their lack of empathy or compassion rarely goes beyond that.

When an axe is held above your neck for this amount of time it plays on your mind at work, driving home, at the dinner table, when your family is around, and when you go to bed at night. It disturbs your sleep, and it is usually the first thing on your mind when you wake up again. At work is just a small part of it.

All the best for today,tomorrow and thereafter guys, this is just the calm before the storm. I have a bad feeling tomorrow's announcement will bring a very turbulent future for the people that made this place great.