PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2014, 20:12
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So in the coming weeks we will see the expansion to two new NA destinations. What are people's thoughts on how ambitious EI are in terms of future growth? Will they expand again next year or will they give it a year or two? Which routes would be next on their list, I think looking at gaps from Ireland, possibly somewhere in Texas or Miami or perhaps a return to LAX but Sfo might delay that. Would they venture to Mexico?
I'd love to see Los Angeles back, but I think they'd give SFO a few years before thinking of further West Coast expansion. Miami and Texas definitely are contenders but the key to Aer Lingus expansion in the last few years has been weighing up capacity against the Irish diaspora in the States and actual demand, maybe even St. Louis? untapped market potential which I think if you through a 757 on could earn you some money especially with there level of connections now ex-DUB.

With the new routes EI's long haul aircraft are maxed out, won't be any spare capacity until the A350s arrive, or they lease some more aircraft, and I think Mr. Mueller knows the dangers of expanding too quickly.
To be fair so far we've seen increases of upwards of 10% the last two years in Long/Haul, many would regard that as massive expansion as would I.