PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 25th Feb 2014, 17:41
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Here's a couple of pics for you taken the night before last.

We were returning to base after a few tasks with 30 kgs in the main. During the pre landers I mentioned to the qualified police observers / TFO's that we should expect to see the fwd fuel pump caption come on as we slowed down and changed attitude. As it happened it didn't come on, maybe because it was a bit windy and the rearward attitude wasn't enough to make the pump run dry as would be expected.

Anyway, on the ground we settled with 25kgs in the main and no captions, which I found to be a bit strange as I would have thought we might have seen one or the other of the cautions by now.

As always, suspicion got the better of me and I decided to wait and see when the cautions came on and when the supply tanks started to be used.

1. The fwd caution came on at 19 kgs, and the fwd pump was switched off. As you can see from this pic, the aft caution accompanied it when the fuel in the main was 18 kgs and the aft pump was then also switched off.

2. As you can see in this pic, 9 minutes later at flight idle mpog, the main is empty and as would be expected the right supply tank qty has only then started to decrease.

Probably discussed in depth earlier, but hopefully these pics bring something else to the discussion. Clearly at least 20 kgs gets transferred between the main and supply tanks when the transfer pumps are turned off and this happens at levels in the main from zero to 100+ kgs.

skadi;
Just remember your groundrun after the ASB ( supplytank fuel sensor check )
http://www.airbushelicopters.com/sit...18-Rev0-EN.pdf

I do, but as the title suggests, it doesn't test when the transfer pump lights come on though does it?