PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it really that bad?
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2014, 11:42
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
However, if you manage to join a company like Lufthansa or British Airways you will end up with a good balance.
Personally I'd add the caveat " but only of you can get in on the current T&Cs". At at least one of those airlines some in management are licking their lips at the leverage the new EASA regulations will give them to fundamentally alter work patterns and lifestyles forever, and not for the better.

I really wish I could "gift" youngsters the career I had - 12 years pulling the wings off government hardware and then a quarter of a century on Long Haul....but I can't

The only advice I can give these days is do lots of research, don't believe the FTO's shiny brochures, and above all don't get into a silly amount of debt trying to "live the dream"...

(Edit to add: Seems I've set a few alarm bells ringing. I do not wish to be unnecessarily alarmist but IMHO prospective newbies need to be aware that even the seemingly "gold standard" airlines will be unable to maintain their current T&Cs given current commercial pressures and legislative changes).

Last edited by wiggy; 26th Feb 2014 at 11:05.