PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DXB in Fog
Thread: DXB in Fog
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2014, 08:10
falconeasydriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Curry Goat said, the big issue MHK77 is that we have up to 500 or so souls with individual fears, faults and prejudices' whom all have places they'd rather be, and to placate and manage that requires information, accurate and valid being the best kind.
I'm certain that we all appreciate the clusterf**k that occurred on saturday and part of that is learning what could be done better.
From our perspective, I'm on your side, the constant calls, interruptions and queries do nothing to help anyone, far better IMHO to broadcast on the ground/delivery freq every 10-15min an update of the situation (like they do at LHR/LGW/JFK/MIA etc etc)
From our end, I'm afraid to say, we reap what we sow, if the management mentality is to micro-manage and encourage a punitive worker drone culture then the result will be identical the next time, and the next time, and the next time.
I feel sorry for the passengers inconvenienced and the front of shop staff who had to bear the brunt of some rather poor decision making.
Machspeeds' experience highlights a very real cultural limitation with how things are presently done.