PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Young Instructor ordered to milk you"
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2014, 07:24
Horatio Leafblower

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
Aussie Bob,

I read W8's posts as implying that he doesn't feel he should comply with the same rules as mere mortals. The fact that one does a lot of flying in one's WarpBorer MkVII doesn't mean anything about your ability to self-asses as Mish so eloquently pointed out above.

Skydive Andy outlines the issues well.

As an instructor both RAAus and GA I have found the candidate's resistance to doing a BFR is usually in direct proportion to their need for one.

People who resist the BFR I have typically found to be very slack on everything except raw stick/rudder skills and often they are found wanting in that department too.

We all rant and rave about the old man in the Volvo with the hat doing 60 in the Right hand lane on the freeway (Wally Mk2 that's you ) and we all ask where's the $%^& policeman when we see the P-plater overtaking at 100 kph in the cycle lane outside the Primary school.

Both these drivers think that they are doing the right thing or at least are not causing harm. Most of us here would argue differently.

Yet some here seem to think that pilots should be allowed - nay, have the inviolable RIGHT - to do the equivalent thing in an aeroplane without review or correction.

...while loudly protesting their own professionalism and airmanship