PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reform Scenic Flights regulation!
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2014, 05:32
Possum1

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
CASA Definition - Lie

What you have quoted is not the correct meaning of CAR 206 but is a CASA lie that has been peddled to the industry as the meaning of RPT for at least the last 20 years. You should not be quoting this rubbish on this forum, but instead quote the exact wording of CAR 206(1)(c) or for your scenic flight purposes, CAR 206(b)(ii), and discuss that.

You would find that the words "general" and "public" do not appear in the regulations, but the words "persons" and "generally" do. Have a read of these regs carefully with a Primary School English Grammar book nearby, which will clearly tell you that the word "generally" is an adverb and the word "persons" is a noun and as such, have nothing to do with one another.

An adverb modifies a verb or in this case the verb group "is not available for use". It means that you can have persons in your aircraft to a timetable but not for any general purpose, but a specific purpose e.g. the enjoyment of your scenic flight product.

I negotiated the wording of my brochure with my local FOI, and he agreed to listing my three branded scenic flights with descriptions that I was offering but listing my departure times - a choice of two as a suggestion - in a different part of the brochure well away from where my scenic flights were listed to keep Canberra happy. The FOI did not want the flights and departure times listed next to one another and it was a simple change to make.