PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do Banks want to hear?
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2001, 01:30
slim_slag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FD

This buisness plan what would i have to include to impress.

Yoo gotta be abel to spel, and grammar good important too.

Just a gentle rib, but if you screw up on the presentation you will find it harder to convince with the content.

Best advice when dealing with Bank Managers is always acknowledge it's their money, you appreciate them giving it to you, and you will sell your eldest daughter to a Taliban mullah if neccessary to pay them back. Bank managers have been trained to believe the ONLY thing that matters in the world is money - except if it's yours of course and they owe it to you

Oh, Forgot. Never sign anything unless you have absolutely no choice. If they try to make you give a guarantor, say no. If they then say no back to you, you find a guarantor. I've been told there is no way I would get money without a guarantor but got it when I said there was no way I was going to ask a parent to be responsible for my debt. Banks hate risk.

Their computer systems will look at your details and come up with a number which is the amount of unsecured money they will lend to you. When I graduated in London back in 1986, for my qualification the figure was £10k. Others would be lower, others higher. If you come in and ask for less than the number the computer spits out for you, you will get the cash without a guarantor - though they will still want one of course. Banks hate risk

[ 19 October 2001: Message edited by: slim_slag ]