PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can we have your husband's salary back please?
Old 15th Apr 2003, 21:11
swinging monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FJJP,

Whilst I agree with you in the main, I regret that you are not completely correct old boy.
Wives of those killed DO NOT receive their loved ones' salary for 6 months - FACT. Nor do they live in the quarter rent free. Take a good look at QRs and the relevant APs and you will see what I mean.
Indeed, just as an aside, a very good friend of mine who was shot down in GW1, was taken POW. His wife lost 'his income' immediately he was posted MIA, and had to fight 'tooth & nail' to get any money whatsoever out of the service. That was because 'the book' says so!

FOBOTSCO,
I'm not too sure what your point is - FJJP got it more or less wrong The fact is, there is an issue here that needs to be highlighted and 'ranted' about, and it is a very big one. What on earth makes you think that War Widows are treated well? They are not treated well at all, indeed, I would go so far as to say they are treated disgracefully, as this poor lady has found to her cost.

Nobody at the MOD made a mistake, nor did they misinterpret what is written in the books. These are the rules regretably, and until they are changed more and more instances like this will keep occuring, causing further unneccesary suffering to those who are already suffering badly.

John (Gary)
You have hit the nail on the head, they are utter 'Barclays'

Lets hope and pray that the powers that be in the MOD take a long look at this problem, and take steps to ensure that cases such as Mrs Seymour, never happen again. As round&round clearly states, the bit of paper will have had 'Investors in People' clearly emblazoned on it. IIP.... I'm surprised these people can even spell it, let alone understand it - they are beyond belief.

RIP all you brave warriors. You are not with us to share in the glory, peace and freedom that your sacrifice has given to the world and the people of Iraq. We that are left will ensure that your loved ones, as well as yourselves, are NOT forgotten.

The Swinging Monkey
'Caruthers, raise a glass with me to those who are not coming home'