PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You Calll Yourselves Pilots
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2014, 21:54
Hempy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tailwheel, it's not the 'professional' pilots Jack is giving a razz to, it's the ever increasing number (and believe me, from this side of the table the number IS increasing...although that may not be as obvious from confined sterile environment of a cockpit..) of irresponsible pilots who either can't, or even worse wont, conform to the rules governing the privilege of flight in this country.

Yes regs change, yes CASA continue to make a balls-up of just about everything; yes, it is very different to how it was 30 years ago. So fkn what? When I was a kid we used to all bail around on long trips in the back of a station wagon, no seat belts, no restraints whatsoever. And it was legal. Do I do it now just because I could do it then and I don't agree with the change in law? I could, I suppose, but then I would just be a law unto myself, thumbing my nose at the authorities because I think I know better and 'it can't happen to me'

There are some pilots on here who seem to think that the rules are optional, or can be applied depending on personal preference. Go for it, I just pray that it ends only in a 'single aircraft' accident.