PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 24th Feb 2014, 20:06
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
DB:
(a) I think the pilot did not understand the fuel system. (b) Thats why the transfer pumps were off. (c) The VMS recorded the correct warnings and they were ignored. (d) As was the flight manual requirement to land. (e) As was the Company OM MLA requirement. (f) Airmanship in terms of time/fuel calculations also ignored. (g) In fact just about every safety break in place had been breached. (h) Finally a poor response to double OEI.
my brackets

a. I totally disagree
b. I think the transfer pumps were off as a consequence of the task profile
c. The only warnings recorded were from the warning unit and these were LOW FUEL 1 LOW FUEL 2 and ROTOR RPM. I don't believe any pilot would ignore any red warning light and gong.
d. Assuming you mean the 'Land Within 10 minutes', there is no information as to when the LOW FUEL warnings occurred. What other flight manual requirement is there?
e. As the lower than company fuel state probably wasn't planned, this wouldn't be the case.
f. Assuming of course the indications were full and accurate. Besides they still had enough fuel for 20+mins flight. (see d)
g. Don't understand where that comes from.
h. Your opinion.

As we don't know which cautions and fuel indications were presented during the flight, and how accurately they were presented, any accusations relating to such, especially (f) & (g) above, are uncalled for.

Last edited by SilsoeSid; 24th Feb 2014 at 20:33. Reason: forgot (g)