PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 24th Feb 2014, 19:36
Giulu737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qatar FO

Hi guys,

I joint pprne few days ago and if u don t mind I ve got few questions about joining qatar. I am a 24 yo FO flying the 737NG for a "fancy European LCC "I have 2100TT with roughly 1600 JET time few hrs aerobatic and so on.

I ve been reading for months all the posts published about QR but there s smtg I can not understand this is why I need your help.i m considering to apply for a fo position but what concerns me is my TT..do I have enough hrs to be considered for this job??and from what I ve got the first period of your stay in doha you are just a SO am I wrong ??and this means that your pay and allowances will be very very low making difficult to survive in an environment that is everyday more expensive.

honestly speaking I wouldn't mind this but I must tell u that the only reasonwhy I m looking into qatar with interest is that I really struggle economically ( last wage 1450 euro gross) and now my girlfriend is pregnant so I thought joining QR could give us a better lifestyle and bit more money.Sorry for my long post but before making such a big decision being a European young guy I felt I needed an advice from more experienced guys thank you in advance for your help

Cheers