PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Young Instructor ordered to milk you"
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2014, 07:42
Skydiveandy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Totally agree with GlenB

Dubbleyew Eight -

I was a private pilot for many years, did a number of AFRs and then became a commercial pilot and later an Instructor, now is another story all together.

I have conducted more AFR/BFR than i could certainly ever remember. As an Instrcuctor and ATO I have "passed" many and "failed" a few people over the years.

I was lucky enough to work with an aero club that did not charge the member for the instructor when doing a BFR just the aircraft time.

From what you have written it is obvious that you are a "Sky God" that we should all bow too and in the event of an emergency you will have no problem in dealing with it.

On the other hand, the people I fly with including me, unlike yourself are mere mortals. Many of those I have checked, have flown less than a few hours in the past 12 months but still like to keep "current" so to speak.

All of these girls and guys benefit immensely from the time they spend with the instructor. Getting to practice the things you obviously dont need too.. Flying straight lines from A to B must be very taxing, i am sure your GPS ensures you dont stray to far off course.

Those I flew with then and those I check every day of the week now benefit from the emergency drill practice honing and refining their skills. Of course the ones now are not such high calibre as you, these are only lowly CPL and ATPL guys and girls like myself with 2000-5000 hours. It does astound me though, that even these mortal yet professionals appreciate some practice. Funnily enough some of them even need the practice.

As mentioned I have failed people, including committee members and club presidents.. Not one of them ever complained. The all realised that they were un-current and needed more practice.

My hat is off to you, I hope to meet you some day as I know I will learn a lot from you. One thing that I realised from the start of my flying career is that you will NEVER stop learning, the day you do is the day you should stop flying.

Good luck to you and those that think AFR/BFR's are a waste of time. God help you if you have an emergency.

Please feel free to PM me any time

Andy