PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Young Instructor ordered to milk you"
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2014, 01:17
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys/gals whilst I don't subscribe to everything that D8 mentions here I think some are getting a little over the top with all this.

I mean flying a plane is nothing special, it's just a learnt skill, much like handling any piece of machinery that requires training. I've said it a few times amongst these pages it's really just a trade, I personally don't call it a profession as such (& that's just my opinion), again it's just a skill that one gets shown, understands the reasoning behind it & then practices it 'till a level of proficiency of achieved, that is it no more.

A BFR is like getting yr car checked every year for road worthiness (not here in Vic which is astonishing!) same with pilots that I believe ought to be done but not go over the top with it as anyone can behave like a circus monkey on the day perform all the required tasks of the tester bluffing them then fly off with the tick/s in the box totally in his or her world.
The concept is a bit of ass covering which society has to have & at times for reasons that are not safety orientated.
Just because you sign someone off on the day does that mean he/she will be as safe the follwoing day? Hardly!

Wmk2