PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Young Instructor ordered to milk you"
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2014, 01:03
scroogee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To answer an earlier question: yes NZ has a BFR for licenced pilots (can also be done as part of an instructor/instrument etc renewal, if those are being done). Sounds much the same as an Australian one. No minimum time, up to assessing instructors standard (which should be the book standard for the licence held) or it continues until that standard is met.

I've done a few as an instructor, some took about an hour, others a bit longer, some much longer. The much longer ones sometimes stretched to multiple flights.

No I did not milk it, being flown badly about the sky observing variations of incompetance did not make me feel like going back for seconds (or thirds or sixths) but some people were just that bad and there was no way my signature was going into that book until I was happy (same went for any paperwork, I was happy to help and correct, but I wasn't going to do the whole bloodly lot).

At least one had some 'funny' hours and it showed. That one was never finished and we later received phone calls for another training organisation and the CAA about him.