PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blocked !
Thread: Blocked !
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2003, 17:27
forget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dr Syn. How right you are. I hope I'm not blowing your anonymity but I assume that you fly with the one and only operator, world-wide, with the wit to have installed Contran. Apart, that is, from Airbus Belugas - despite Airbus Industrie saying 'Quelle Problemme??'

It's beyond belief that, decades after Tenerife and the Netherlands DCA Director General urging the CAA's and FAA's of this world to come up with a certified/approved fix for blocked transmissions, those same people just ignore the issue.

Worse yet, the UK's very own CAA (Campaign Against Aviation) has spent more money and effort in discrediting Contran than it would have taken to equip a substantial fleet - including a trial of Ground Contran at Stansted (full marks to Stansted ATC!). What I hadn't reckoned with was the NATS attitude that, if the trial worked, they'd have to spend money fitting the kit. The NATS solution - sabotage the trial. I imagine this may raise hackles somewhere, but the owners of those hackles can reach one of two conclusions. Either the trial was deliberately sabotaged - or NATS (Not Stansted!) employ engineers of breathtaking incompetence. Unlike the real world of Bournemouth who have been operating the world's only Ground Contran for some six years - without missing a beat.

I suppose I'd better a declare an interest; www.contran.co.uk is my baby, but I imagine you've guessed this by now. Anyway Dr Syn, lets hope your predictions are proved wrong, and I'm very pleased that you find the system useful.