PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Juneyao Airlines: Go Around?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2014, 18:53
Onesixty2four

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Juneyao warning

Ok, no "I heard from a friend, etc..." I am here at Juneyao. I have been a contractor for over 15 years and have enjoyed my time living in and traveling to many different parts of the world. I joined Juneyao with high expectations and can now reveal that it has been, without any shadow of a doubt, the worst career decision of my life.

I am currently "line training" and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future on their training pay (which is less than half the advertised salary). I have worked out that, should I finish my line training in the next 3 months (highly unlikely) my average monthly pay for the entire 4 year contract term will be 12k, not the advertised 17k. Add to this the cost of living in Shanghai and sundry other expenses and stress created by these clowns, and I know I should have stayed at my old job.

You will be told by Juneyao that you'll be checked to line within 2-3 months after arriving in Shanghai. This is a blatant lie. My contracting agent also appears to be complicit in this lie (although, to be fair, the agent may just be mouthing off what they are told by Juneyao without checking).

Unfortunately, once you have joined a Chinese airline with your new CAAC ATP, you will not be able to move to another one since, over here, your license is essentially "owned" by the airline you join. So my advice.... if you wish to come to China, spend a LOT of time in research. Use your contacts and speak to people already here. DO NOT simply rely on PPRUNE posts (including mine). Be very careful. And above all else, steer clear of Juneyao unless you are unemployed/unemployable and/or from a dodgy background and can do no better.

Good luck.