PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Serious Drugs.can He Make It?
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2003, 16:30
Snoop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spartacan,

With the availability and the usage in today's society you must be naive to think that you have not already shared a cockpit with somebody that has smoked a bit of ganja at some point in their lives.

One of the driving programs on UK TV got somebody stoned and then stuck them on a driving course. He seemed to be safe, alot safer than the guy who drove pissed anyway.

It doesn't matter in my mind what you do. Just don't do before going anywhere near a flight deck.

If you are pissed, stoned, high on something else, dosed upto the eyeballs on over the counter or prescription drugs, fatigued, not feeling well or going through alot of personal stress - I would rather not fly with you either.

Drugs are drugs, added to which we can push ourselves so hard that we end up degraded our own performance to such a degree that we are not fit to fly for example fatigue, flying whilst ill etc

Spartacan - wake up and smell the coffee (but be careful it is a drug) There are way more worrying characters flying today than those that may have had a good time when they were at university and are now trying to build a career as a responsible, professional pilot.

riche-rich As for your mate. I don't think you get tested at medical. You could be tested at a company level. It comes down to the fact that nobody has done any proper research on the effects of weed - especially on flying ability. An airliner with 200 people in it is no place to be a guinea pig. If he wants to fly, knock it on the head. Otherwise he will just have to stick to getting high his illegal way

Last edited by Snoop; 15th Apr 2003 at 16:51.