PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 1 ECG issue...
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2014, 18:07
mike172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Class 1 ECG issue...

I know this has been done to death on on here but I'm looking for some advice/reassurance anyway.

I recently had my initial class 1 at Gatwick. Everything was fine but for my ECG, which showed up a 'minor abnormality'. I just got the letter back and my ECG shows Ventricular Ectopy with possible atrial enlargement.

I've read through the previous threads regarding similar issues which has reassured me somewhat but should I honestly be worried? Having a PPL and therefore a valid class 2 has got me worried that maybe I could lose that along with my dreams of flying for living.

I need to have a clinical report, 24 hour ECG and a echocardiogram. The letter states that I should make arrangements for these follow up tests, but that I can return to have them done at Gatwick if I wish.

Could anyone who has been in a similar position in the past tell me the best way of going about this? Who would I go through if I didn't go through Gatwick? Would my GP or my local hospital be my first port of call?

I'm hoping this is nothing to worry about but I just want it sorted as quickly as possible as the waiting is the worst thing!

Thanks in advance.