PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2014, 16:57
DTVAirport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipness One Echo
Yes, these people wanting to go on holiday from their local airport, why don't they realise there is soooo much more to airports. Golly I wish they would stop complaining and just shoosh.

In other news.....

Look, the local management are irrelevant, it appears that at a strategic level, way above their pay scale, they have been set up to fail. This is a classic managed run down, and it matters not one jot how many true believers keep the faith, this is a business in a death spiral. The local "team" do as they are told, keep the spin machine whirling with "jam tomorrow" nonsense. DTVAirport, it's very good to support one's local airport but you have gone over to a very odd place now. You should know, you really are now defending the frankly absurd and indefensible. It's not enough shooing away potential customers, you are now ATTACKING them for being stupid. Is there anyone alive up there with the beginnings of any understanding of customer behaviour and marketing? Anyone?
You've blown my comment well out of proportion, people just need to look at the bigger picture, surely a profitable executive airport with, say, 80 movements per day and some flights, holiday or otherwise, is better than a loss making airport with 10 movements per day and next to no flights?? I'm not attacking anyone and I've said it before I do question Peel at times, but there are more appropriate places to do that than on here.

Peel themselves are on record as saying previous incarnations of their company had an ulterior motive for the airport.