PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Complete Shutdown?
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2003, 15:04
shortly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This company will weather the storm. Some very difficult and painful decisions will have to be taken to stop the haemorrhageing of our excellent reserves of cash. Seniority in unpaid leave? I doubt that will be a consideration. I imagine the company will require all, that is everybody, to take either 1 week a month unpaid leave or a 25% pay cut. It is interesting and uncommented on by the pit bulls that other airlines around the globe are taking this opportunity to lay off lots more of our colleagues. Yet our company, once again in time of adversity, states that there are NO PLANS TO LAY OFF STAFF and that all contingency planning is designed to 1) Save the Company and 2) Save all our jobs. It seems to me that there is a serious rift between the AOA rank and file and the AOA leadership. One wants to help the company, the other is again only interested in themselves - which is which lol. If it does unfortunately come to redundancies then I would think what you are flying now will be a factor. Good luck to all - stay healthy.