PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wing Commander Spry
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2014, 09:54
Chugalug2

Received 235 Likes on 72 Posts
Wg Cdr Spry, may I draw your attention to discussion on another thread which, unlike this one, concerns Flight Safety? As the Royal Air Force representative of what was once a world leader in espousing the constant need to remind everybody that 'Flight Safety Concerns You!', should you not be pushing that very same message here, instead of leaving it to wander through a nostalgic journey of past publication?

The thread I speak of is that concerning the tragic fatal accident involving Flt Lt Sean Cunningham of the Red Arrows, here:-
http://www.pprune.org/military-aircr...nquest-33.html

You will notice that attention has turned away from the SI criticism of RAFAT to criticism of the MAA itself, of its failure to tackle the Systemic Failures that permeate Airworthiness Provision and Air Accident Investigation throughout UK Military Aviation. I can't think of a greater threat to Flight Safety than that those charged with enforcing it cannot do so because of failure by the Regulator to ensure Air Safety. Can you?

The MAA appears to be the problem, not the solution. Is RAF Flight Safety part of the problem too?