PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2014, 02:54
Acute Instinct

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Progress Wanchai writes;

'What is NOT in their charter (or the charter of any company that any of us have ever invested in), is the national interest. Who's national interest?? What does that even mean??'

'Yes, Joe Hockey probably does act in the "National Interest" (I still have no idea what that means, other than it has all the hallmarks of being either xenophobic or bogan) but THAT'S HIS JOB.'

To answer all of your questions, perhaps you will attend a commemoration on the 25th of April, and be reminded, like we all should, of what national interest really is......

An eastern European friend recently commented that 'in effect' recent civil unrest in the Ukraine bears the same hallmarks of life here. 'Where everybody know your leader are off for dance with devil in pale moon light......' She also surmised that here, 'as long as beer is on fridge and food is in table, not make my problem'. She bleated on and on about stupid this, lazy that, bla, bla, bla, so I gave her something to chew on and reminded her exactly who's got the money.....

I don't know who the devil is in this instance, though you can bet one way or the other he or she likes the taste of money.......

Last edited by Acute Instinct; 23rd Feb 2014 at 03:35.