PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurigny Air Services
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2014, 01:23
Cliff Secord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just popped my beek into this section out of interest as another thread sparked my interest in what's happening at the entry side of things into the job. 15 years ago this wouldn't have been the case, a turboprop job would be snapped up and you probably wouldn't be charged for the rating rather bonded.

I have to say I agree with most of the posts above mine. Just a question with your post TriBeCa. I agree, in this day and age sadly a non jet rating is pretty dead end. I am aware they're targeting Oxford people. But the tone of what you said suggests they're wasting their time at Oxford. What makes CAE/Oxford bods so special that this is beneath them, any more than other students? They've hardly been in an aircraft for more than the minimum time, the same as any other trainee and already feel privileged is that what you're saying or have I got that wrong? Is it that they have more jet opportunities than other students in different schools? I'm genuinely interested not having a dig at what you wrote :-)

I have to say I don't like that the industry has devalued turboprop experience. It's the best learning ground there is, tough relevant flying.