PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Temperature and Engine start!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2014, 01:13
Old Fella

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remember what happens.

As a matter of fact I do JS. 16% RPM:: "Enrichment" if selected/"Fuel Flow" if not, "Ignition", "Oil Pressures", "Hydraulic Pressure", "Parallel" (Engine driven Fuel Pump to Parallel for greater volume at low RPM) Starter Button out by 52-54% or Start Valve Switch to off by 60%. 65% RPM:: "Series" ED Fuel pump to Series operation, Ignition OFF 94% RPM:: "Peak T.I.T....." (830 degrees C Max Normal) 5th & 10th Stage Acceleration Bleed Valves close. On the T56A-11 fitted to the C130A's I operated there was no Low Speed Ground Idle as the 5th & 10th Stage Bleeds were not ducted overboard, simply discharged into the nacelle, so any failure of a Speed Sensing Switch to below 94% led to a Nacelle Overheat very quickly. We also had optical Fire Detection sensors in the A model which were prone to giving false Engine Fire Warnings. Thread drift I guess, but I enjoy the memories of the old girls.

BTW JS, I don't know which C130 you operated, but none of the three models I was on (A-E-H) had a "Ground Start" position on the throttle. Max Reverse - Ground Idle (detented) - Flight Idle (Over the Step) - Take-Off were the only marked positions. Condition Lever to Run - Throttle at Ground Idle were the respective positions for Ground start.

Last edited by Old Fella; 23rd Feb 2014 at 01:50. Reason: Correction to text