PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I was an underpants Test Pilot for Marks & Spencers.
Old 22nd Feb 2014, 22:07
Owen8125

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Underpants Test Pilot for Marks & Spencers

Dear All,
I am the 180lbs of spring steel and rippling muscle who was the former "Underpants test pilot for Marks & Spencers". I am now 75 years old and
I am trying to get a job as a "Toy boy". My CV is superb but I keep failing the interviews; can't think why, I always wear a stick-on hairy chest and a medallion for interview - nevermind, it's their loss, not mine.

After 18 years in Her Majesty's Royal Air Force, which I always described as "A champagne lifestyle on beer money", I discovered that I wasn't a "real" pilot after all. It cost me £3,000+ of my own money (in 1977) to get all the necessary paperwork to become an "Airline Transport Pilot". I joined a holiday airline company flying Newcastle to Torrylominos twice a day with pink donkeys and "Kiss me quick hats". That was so exciting that I quit in less than 1 year and went into executive aviation.

I have only ever worked for 4 straight employers; Ayrton Senna & Michael Schumacher being two of them. The others were egocentric meglomaniacs
or gangsters with more money than sense.

There was mention about Flt Lt Brian Wheeler, a former ULAS QFI. I met him briefly in Bahrain in 2009 where he was flying Gulfstream Jets for the Bahraini Royal Flight. Sadly, he was in the throes of a divorce and was planning to retire in South Africa.
If you don't believe me, please feel free to contact me on [email protected]