PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2014, 11:10
bmam7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the record, and as a newbie here (although a long time lurker and enjoying reading the various topics) I'm not associated with the industry except as a fairly frequent flier, i.e. passenger. At my own expense too for what it's worth.

I have flown QF since the 70's, and have rarely had a bad experience on any of the numerous flights, first international and then when they became domestic too.

I am sickened to my stomach at the way the little and the rest of the board have ruined QF, to my mind. Not everyone wants to fly via DXB which, personally, I think is a hazy, glitzy, expensive dump with a few interesting tall buildings but little in the way of the culture or interest of SIN, BKK, KUL or HKG.

I can't make out if it is a deliberate ploy as some have suggested or if it is just sheer incompetence, but I fear the airline is going down the tubes. Who knows how many people will be affected by the upcoming announcement or what routes will disappear but, personally, I fear the worst as this particular board has hardly shone with its brilliant decision making.

I'm actually flying to Cairns in early May. Although it is a QF flight at present, it's just the sort of "tourist" route I see disappearing from QF and becoming JQ. Well if that happens I'll be asking for my money back, not a bloody voucher to be used at a later date, with all the add-on costs that entails.

I'm the first to admit I know nothing of the technicalities or the financial side of things, except for the various articles and blogs I read, but few of them leave me feeling good.

Co-incidentaly I read in today's Sydney Terrorgraph that the first female captain had been appointed as head of the 767 fleet. I wonder how long that job will last? Aren't QF supposed to be getting rid of the 767 asap?