PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Using children's voices on safety briefs
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2014, 09:25
SawMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I seem to recall a study that claimed people paid more attention to a child's voice than an adult's, especially the children who were listening. We all know kids don't listen to us adults so at least they could benefit from this And really, if a child can do this then as an adult you'd better be able to handle it too or you'll lose all your 'adult credibility'- the psychological side of this. As important as it is to get the message across to everyone, I'm for doing whatever might make the system work better, within reason, and with all the commenting going on it's obvious that people are paying attention to the message so I'd say this approach is working

I'm not concerned about there being some kind of connection to Pedo's here, for just as with everything else these days any incident becomes hugely over-hyped as the paranoid people gain their audience, which takes things far beyond reasonable sanity and makes me wonder about that person's mental stability. When the rare incident does occur there needs to be an iron-fisted approach, but really- these incidents are rare compared when thought of in the context of how many times it does not happen with adult-child interactions. Wondering what doing that math would bring; perhaps 0.000001%? So yeah, it's a big problem when it happens but it isn't something to get paranoid about, just something to be aware of and watch for on the same level as keeping kids from playing with liquid mercury or from eating lead-based paint chips Bad adults will find a way to do their evil deeds and until we can find a fool-proof way to identify them before they act we can't stop them until laws are broken. And especially with this kind of evil adult, there's a huge number of people looking for them behind the scenes these days so while we hear more of the incidents, I'm of the mind that probably fewer actual incidents are occurring since everybody knows they're being watched closely already, and that is how it should be.

So if having kids in the presentation is better for the many then let's do that. And if we see someone reacting inappropriately to this, then watch them closely and if you feel it needs to happen, then let authorities know of your concerns. And if you actually see someone doing evil with children, I for one will turn a blind eye to you for taking direct action to make that stop in whatever manner you may deem appropriate- I'll even help you if you like Methinks it would help matters to see news reports of mangled corpses being found by the Police with "Pedo" carved into their foreheads and somehow I doubt that the Police would find too many of us 'culprits' in that 'crime' when they during their investigation they discovered what the dead person had been doing but won't be doing any more