PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 22nd Feb 2014, 08:04
rantanplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DB - what exactly were the circumstances? Has the Pilot and crew really ignored all warnings - if they were visible to them? I just wish to understand a bit more if there could have been 'understandable' - not looking for 'acceptable' - reasons for such a handling of the situation. As I know from own mistakes and 'bad days' there often is. I learn best from understanding a situation and not just being told 'right' or 'wrong'. Fuel taken out of the heli was not significantly below MLA, heliport was some 1:30 minutes away. Did the pilot know the exact kg's in the tank - if CAD was working which is a big ?; so according his calcs he might have landed just at the margin - on a day with absolutely no weather restrictions.
I didn't 'know' the Pilot but I met him very briefly as a real person in real life. To know a bit more and get to understand a possible reason for the events and how they relate to this tragic outcome makes this so unreal event with a real person (not only one!) a lot more digestable for me. Same may apply for others? Some people like close relatives could stay sort of paralysed for life if they don't get real answers to what has happened. Big thank you to Sid and Art from my side.