PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPS 1354 NTSB Investigation - CVR
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2014, 19:22
glendalegoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had pictures taken in uniform. for my ID card. In 38 plus years of flying I think there have been two pictures of me in uniform. And I HAVE PAID FOR NONE OF THEM (true airline pilots understand this ;-)

someone mentioned patty wagstaff, wasn't she stopped for DUI? or something like that?

and someone responded to my views on the difference between asiaana and ups. to my recall there was a PAPI on 28 L at SFO too.

Something has been mentioned about the captain bypassing an upgrade or something. Even more about him being a helicopter pilot prior to being a pilot for UPS.

I ask this question, not trying to do anything more than ask: should helicopter time be counted towards airplane ratings/certificates of any kind?

and

should airplane time be counted toward helicopter ratings/certificates of any kind?

I guess I will say this one more time, but in a different way. An airliner should be flown with a crew. Both asiana and ups had a crew up in front.

and the crew must be watching for mistakes of the the pilots. both of them.

you must do your own required items well and you must watch the other guy and he must do his stuff well and watch you too.

the copilot could have said: EXCESSIVE RATE OF DESCENT BELOW 1000' AFE/AGL, go around

but she didn't

I have seen people who grew up at sea level always think that 1000' is 1000', u all know what I mean.

asiana, the guy in the right seat could have said: low airspeed, go around

but didn't.

is there a relationship here? maybe