PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Conversion from PA28 to Cessna 152
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2014, 19:09
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foxmouth

Again, it depends on your experience - if you have done this a number of times, no problem. IF you have just passed your licence then you will be very nervous doing either and probably would like someone next to you - Also, of course, you are talking flying clubs that have minimum requirements and realistically are talking about an hour checkout - even with my experience I would not expect to go to an flying club that does not know me and be allowed to fly their aircraft with much less than a 45 min checkout!
I appreciate that if you turn up at a flying club unknown they will want some sort of checkout. Sadly while many licensed pilots are competent many are totally incompetent and I would be unhappy sending my nearest and dearest up for a flight with them (can think of quite a few who fill that category)

Having done 45 minutes in a PA28 and determined you are well up to speed and competent I see no reason why they should demand another checkout on an equal aircraft like a 150. Unless their motives are to do with money.

Pace