PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Being set up to be sacked.
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2014, 17:12
Ancient Observer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
At the risk of a monologue.

Rules for dealing with crap from employers.
(I have fired more people than I care to remember and I have been fired 3 times.)

1. Do every relaxing exercise you can whenever the barstewards are getting you riled up. They are very helpful in the middle of the night when you can't sleep. Google for relaxing exercises. My favourites are 1. Deep breathing and 2. Muscle tensing and relaxing up and down the body.

2. Say as little as possible at any point in time. If you can get through a 3 hour meeting without saying anything, do it. Think of your favourite song when they are talking. (For me it is Leyla by Clapton) (It will make more sense than them talking). If you can't think of a song, think of a great film/tv programme. (For me it is either a Douglas Adams piece, or any Monty Python)
Do the relaxing exercises during meetings. Feel free to stand up and walk about to avoid DVT

3. Refuse to answer any question unless it is put in writing. Typed on paper. Not e-mails.

4. Only respond in writing. Don't write anything without thinking about what you have written. For about 48 hours.

5. Get all their stuff - e.g. the AoL account stuff, in writing.

6. Do the relaxation exercises again.

7. If you can't sleep, try sleeping tab.s, ear plugs and eye shades. I've used the lot.

You get the idea, I hope. AO