PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA "The Election" (merged)
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2003, 05:43
brianh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THIS ELECTION IS BECOMING A KINDERGARTEN

Last two pages very interesting, and Ulmy has me a thinking.

Gaunty, no matter who was involved, if CASA has bypassed the correct procedure it is a mortal sin and complete arrogance. Try em on in your aviation business and see how you fare if you step outside procedural guidelines ... bye, bye, baby etc! This attitude of Boyd has Dick in his hand, so to speak, is allowing the surrounds to hide the weapons of mass destruction lurking in the CASA mindset.

I like the comment about ultimatims, and also about sodium and water. What we rank and file can deduce from all this is that nine people selected are unlikely to be able to work as a team. I'm sorry, but I cannot accept this and I believe other normal minded members feel the same.

These individual members who aspire to the Board are supposed to be doing it for the good of aviation and AOPA. Yet probably 30% of these 14 pages is devoted to hate mail and attempts to substantiate why the Board must be hand picked or it will not work. What a crock of sh1t!!!!!!!!!

There is a bloody good fiction story by McLean or Innes. The last sentence always sticks in my mind - "We have met the enemy, and the enemy is us". In the Boards, RSL and sporting committees, etc I have been involved with there has always been a mix of likes and dislikes but we have managed to survive and thrive. Yet we now have an allegedly mature group incapable of harmonising. I'd vote informal in disgust if I wasn't worried that this would possibly allow the wrong result.

To all candidates - start telling we members how you will work as a team, not why you need to be the team selector. Lift your game!