PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde or Vulcan
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2003, 04:57
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
SSD - An excellent and vibrant description. My sister (now 51) formed a long term relationship with the Vulcan when about the age of your daughter!

I saw Vulcan do the Bournemouth Air Show in 1989 (or 90) and that howling cacophony would have been enough to flatten any opposition! A bit like the Scots with their bag pipes ensuring that the enemy is weak at the knees before they even get close. If Vulc had done a couple of low passes, with that big climb out, over Saddam's head - then we could have saved a lot of trouble.

In a thread here last year, I recall a former crew member talking about how they could start all four engines at the same time and that, from first button press to taxi was a blinding two mins of something (I sit to be corrected on that one!)

I saw Conc for the first time when she came out to JNB for Hot and High tests in 1971(?) and now ... I have my ticket booked for 8th August.

Prof DD ... you must feel very safe up there in the islands, when saying things like that about Caps and their coffee?