PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dreamliner rattled landing at Cairns
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2014, 12:19
CAR42ZE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If cracks have occurred on one of the first 787 heavy landings that they can't work out how to fix (remember heavy landings are not that rare) I reckon it would be pretty bad news for that aircraft. The whole point being that aircraft should be designed to easily withstand a heavy landing. The last thing I was using as a throw away line.
Wow... Are you serious, or just being a porkchop? "They" can't fix it? Who? I would bet bottom dollar if your little mythical heavy landing happened and somehow cracked the little plastic frame, Boeing engineers would be all over it in a rash... Just like the battery fires. Has anybody seen a heap of Boeing guys with their verniers out? Has JQ painted over all the markings?

I'm not too sure if you're trying to cast doubt on Jetstar pilots, Australian engineers, Boeing designers or just Jetstar in general (I'm sure others know the answer to that).

If you want to get yourself noted as being an expert in aircraft design, have a think about the Q400. I've never heard you say anything whenever somebody whacks yet another Q400 tail into the deck... Why don't you take that actual concern under your wing instead of trying to create a fallacy that the 787 appears to crack up at the sight of the nearest pothole on runway?

Surely your employer could afford to send yourself on a 787 type course and bring yourself into the 21st century?