PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA is going down the Drain!
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2014, 11:49
Loerie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAA comments

I have tried my very best to support SAA over the past 25-odd years of flying back and forth over the Atlantic,but over the past,say three/four years or so there has been a deterioration in cabin service and increase in theft from luggage (mine) and attitude (in my opinion) to passengers.I can think of many things like being "told" to close the blinds and being "instucted" to go to sleep whilst the poor passengers themselves cannot sleep because of the crew chatting and joking and laughing so loudly.Writing nice letters about these isssues and non-operative infotainment services to saacustomerservice makes no apparent difference,nor does one get any reply.On the plus side I have always felt comfortable with the actual flying and operation and perceived safety and lack of delays and good timekeeping.I now do my best to fly back and forth on a non-SA aircraft which is less convenient time-wise but more relaxing,which is importsant to me with my hard-earned Rands.A pity as I do believe that Local is Better to support if at all possible!