PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it really that bad?
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2014, 08:30
drivez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Such a mixed bag. As someone near the beginning of their career my salary is higher than any of my mates from sixth form (doctors, engineers etc.), admittedly not as good as the old days but still good. Bear in mind whilst I reach my top earnings faster, in the long term they will probably earn more though.

Job security, yes well, the last few years have proved anyone anywhere can be stung. Even me, who as I previously mentioned is right at the start, well I've been laid off once already!

I think it's all about where you end up too. Some airlines are naturally better than others in all aspects. I won't go into that because these forums are full of posts about said airlines.

All I will say is for as much heartache and work it's taken to get where I am today, rewind 6 years and I would do it all again. Call me an optimist a pessimist a dreamer whatever, but I've always known I wanted to fly and the job has truly matched up to my expectations so far. Maybe at 35 I won't feel the same. But right now that's my thoughts.