PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those with a frozen ATPL
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2002, 19:44
jasonjdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I posted a message on this thread a couple of days ago to add my experiences to those who had also obtained their FATPL through an integrated course. I have since read only a daily basis, and with much interest, the experiences and thought processes of others. This thread truly extols the virtues of PPrune. Any Wannabes who have read through this have just obtained a wealth of knowledge.

Before starting my course I tried to do as much research as possible, and decided that OATS would be the best way forward for me at that time. By reading this thread so many options are covered, and anyone looking to start the work towards an FATPL can be better informed.

As for "Would doing so really be that crazy or is it better to spend 25 years being bored at work?". Hell no! Start the ball rolling. Even if its on a part time basis to go and get your PPL, etc its going to be worth it. The more experience you get now the more benefit it will be to you when you go for your CPL / IR. Also, more hours to put on your CV at the end of the day. It must be clear from this thread that you don't need to take a big jump, and give up your job straight away. Get some books together and start studying earlier. It will save you money in ground courses. OATS sell their manuals (they are very good, and cover far more than you need to know for the exams) by themselves through Jepps.