PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWQUAY
Thread: NEWQUAY
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2014, 06:49
GROUNDHOG

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
So far no solutions then apart from SEN...

As I understand it the connection to Liverpool St is an hour, so just about plausable for City traffic. To LHR or LGW it is somewhere close to twice that which isn't much use really, factor in check in times, flight time, bag collection, transfer then it is not much different to catching the train or driving but a lot more messing about.

Who will use SEN, business to London on a good day, people wanting to go to anywhere remotely close to SEN. Holidaymakers for the short season, hen and stag parties - or just parties- surfing hardly anyone, they arrive by car with a tent or sleep in the VW transporter etc.

SEN as hub? Then it must be promoted, without this thread I would never have known or thought you could fly NQY/ VCE via SEN and would have driven to LHR to do that?

Back in the late 90's Cardiff Airport published a timetable showing possible connections through other airports, they may still do it, I have never seen this from Newquay and it would be so simple and cheap to do on the website?