PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 21st Feb 2014, 04:38
HappyBandit

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Rumor has it that they are switching training providers at the moment and they want to clear out the backlog that they are currently experiencing before bringing in more people. Also since they have experienced numerous problems with the foundation course's of cadets (tail strikes and all) they have cut any future courses of those out entirely. Expect fewer traineeships in the future with the emphasis being placed back on direct entry(as it should be!).

I've heard UNSW aviation might be getting that contract. Although lord knows how, as they currently do not possess any simulators or any type of airline transition training... will be interesting to see what happens.
Humbly: Your name should be altered to Humbly_aknob. Firstly, the courses aren't primarily being stopped due to the so called problems experienced, simply that they don't require anymore personnel at the moment for various reasons including training resources, uncertainty with corporate direction, attempting to minimise costs etc etc etc.

Secondly, whilst I do not wish to begin the cadet/traineeship vs direct entry debate yet again, there is no evidence to suggest that trainees/cadets are anymore or less competent than direct entry (primarily from a manipulative skill base) after all I don't know too many direct entry guys that have flown 29 tonne Baron's around.