PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those with a frozen ATPL
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2002, 03:17
Kempus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know when i first posted this note i was trying to find out why people are not applying for the jobs that flash at the top of the screen. I've sat back and watched it every day with some dam interesting points getting thrown back and forth. I know what i want to do now!

Can i also just add a little something?

I work for worlds oldest travel agent and yes i was laid off post 11/09. Got a little phone call in december cos things were starting to get busy and my god, it is dam hectic at work at the moment. Just to give you a little hope, everything is target orientated. I achieved target 184%! Others as much as 215%! Now you cant say things arent picking up! one thing and this i think is the most important thing,

demand for seats on flights is far greater than the amount of seats available due to the amount of routes axed. BA for example have put all seats on a request basis due to the high volume of demand. Personally, i think alot of airlines have shot themselves in the foot with the lay offs! My company has, and is trying its dam hardest to get 160 old and new employees back in the door. Things are looking up and i WILL be staring flying training within the next 2 years and it will be the "Worlds Favourite Airline" who's calling me!

Good luck guys!

Kempus